We have an open position for a Electrical Engineer. Please click here to download the Electrical / Controls Engineer job description.
Electrical / Controls Engineer
We are a consulting engineering and project management firm located in Cleveland, Ohio providing services to industrial facilities and commercial businesses. Our focus is to help our customers produce strategic value that accelerates their profitability through collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
We are seeking an Electrical / Controls Engineer to help implement equipment installations and plant modifications for our clients. Projects start by understanding the customer’s issues and concerns and working with them to develop solutions, often collaborating with other PTS engineers to generate concepts and designs in order to provide the best possible solution for the customer. Projects are varied and will provide an opportunity to learn.
The majority of our projects are for industrial and manufacturing facilities. Experience with electrical systems in a manufacturing environment is desired.
Experience in the following is preferred:
• Electrical Controls, PLC Logic & Programming- Allen Bradley, Siemens, AutomationDirect as well as experience programming user interfaces.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD including P&IDs and ISA nomenclature, design of motor circuits, single line electrical drawings and panel layouts
• Development of single line diagrams, motor schematics, PLC I/0 drawings and wiring diagrams
• Development of electrical bill of materials, cable conduit schedules and equipment lists
• Perform field surveys. Must be able to readily identify electrical equipment performance and function.
• Application and sizing of motors including variable speed drives.
• Review or perform designs in accordance with NEC, NFPA and client standards
• Assist in the development of standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed within the department
• Interface with other disciplines on multidiscipline projects
• Development of construction packages for electrical construction
• Electrical distribution system design and analysis
• OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and/or other governing body standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree Preferred / BSEET Acceptable with Experience.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal). Must be able to make decisions independently to solve engineering problems, ability to work on multiple projects with multiple clients simultaneously and anticipate the impact on the project schedule in order to meet project deadlines.
- This is for a full-time position with limited travel.
- We offer competitive compensation, benefit allowance package and 401K plan with employer contribution.
Our Mission Statements
To Our Clients
To provide our clients with direct and honest information they need to assist them in making an educated and informed decision regarding their business, and assisting them through the project, as they request, in order to ensure their success.
To Our Employees
To provide our employees with a fun and friendly environment that allows opportunity to grow and learn and more importantly to maintain balance with the rest of their life commitments.
Apply to: email@example.com
Posted: July 2018