We have an open position for a Project Engineer. Please click here to download the job description: Project Engineer Job Description
Project Technologies & Services is a growing project management and engineering services company based in northeast Ohio. We serve customers in the industrial, manufacturing and commercial business sectors.
The Project Engineer assists with the implementation of customer’s projects. The type of projects will include: equipment installations, plant modifications, solving plant facility issues and process improvements. The Project Engineer is ultimately responsible for understanding and accomplishing the customer’s goals while protecting and promoting the interests of PTS in all matters. Must be able to determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards; completing technical studies and preparing cost estimates. Project Engineers are self-driven, have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact professionally and effectively and be detail oriented. Project execution including: specification writing, estimating, proposal development and presentation, management of project resources, project budgets and forecasting, schedule management, project engineering, installation, start-up and project closeout. Must have strong technical background.
Essential functions/Major duties:
- Provide technical designs and calculations, with supporting documentation, as needed
- Problem solving skills involving design/engineering issues
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Management of support personnel and contractors within a project to provide effective, efficient project completion
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with client leadership, Project Manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Ensure proper and safe installation practices by following OSHA and client specific regulations
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Confirm proper installation as it relates to design drawings, details, specifications, schedule and budget
- Capital project scope development, budget tracking execution, start-up and close-out
- Time management to balance the workload of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Prepare progress reports including cost estimates, project schedule, milestones and budget tracking
- Provide recommendations to customers that will provide them with value and implementation of their projects
- Coordinate and run progress meetings as required by the project
- Encourage collaboration between clients, construction crews and internal resources as well as senior leadership to balance workload between employees
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Project are required, a basic knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
Education: B.S. in Mechanical, Civil/Structural, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
Experience: Project engineering experience required with a proven record and ability to plan, organize and work on several projects simultaneously. Must have excellent communication skills.
Excellent salary, competitive benefit compensation, 401K match, limited travel and paid time off package.
Our Mission Statements:
To our clients
To provide our clients with direct and honest information they need to assist them in making an educated and informed decision regarding their business and assist them through the project, as they request, in order to ensure their success.
To our employees
To provide our employees with a fun and friendly environment that allows opportunity to grow and learn and more importantly to maintain a balance with the rest of their life commitments.
Please submit resume to Glenn McCarthy: firstname.lastname@example.org.